Vela is a leading independent provider of trading and market access technology for global multi-asset electronic trading. Our software enables clients to rapidly access global liquidity, markets, and data sources for superior execution. We help firms successfully differentiate and innovate in an ever-changing, increasingly-regulated and fiercely-competitive landscape, while also reducing total cost of ownership.
Vela’s ticker plant, execution gateways, trading platform, and risk and analytics software deliver a unique, ultra-low latency technology stack to simplify and streamline electronic trading. We leverage the latest innovations in technology to deliver cutting-edge performance, features and reliability. Our modular stack provides access to a comprehensive set of trading, data and risk APIs and can be delivered as-a-Service from multiple co-location data centers globally.
With access to more than 250 venues, Vela provides global coverage across all major asset classes. Clients are supported by an award-winning team of technical and business experts available 24x7 from our multiple offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. Vela’s clients include traders, market makers, brokers, banks, investment firms, exchanges, and other market participants.
Recruitment is currently taking place for roles in our Market Data Distribution (MDRC, MMDRC) Market Data Capture (Market Data Feed Handler) team.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of our various product suites.
- Our software is developed primarily in C/C++ on the Unix platform
- Within your team you will contribute to product delivery and end to end software development
- The role will involve interaction with multiple stakeholders spanning Software Development, Testing and Client Support teams
- You will have responsibility for coaching team members by providing technical direction
- Contribute to the software development life-cycle including design, implementation, testing, installation and support
- Proactively manage own tasks and projects to agreed deadlines
- Adopt and provide feedback on best practices across development teams in conjunction with Senior Engineers. For example, coding standards, tool usage and design.
- Collaborate with team members to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures
- Develop junior team members on technology and processes
- Strong client focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with service- level agreements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience in the software development lifecycle from design, implementation (C, C++), through testing and integration.
- Understands the implications of code changes and feature enhancements
- Capable of concisely communicating designs, code and applications to a client-facing standard
- Experience in adopting and providing feedback on new processes/technologies within teams
- Contribute to technical aspects of project delivery, planning and risk management
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Degree (Min 2.1) in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of practical software development experience in a similar environment
- Experience with developing multi-threaded & latency sensitive applications.
- Familiarity with Unix socket programming.
- Capital Market and/or Financial Services knowledge (Trading, Market Data, FIX / FASTFIX protocols)
- Knowledge of Code Analysis / Hygiene concepts and tools (Coverity, Valgrind, Jenkins)
- Development on a UNIX platform (Linux or Solaris)
- Familiarity of scripting languages, in particular Python, used within Continuous Integration and Test Frameworks