Vela is a leading independent provider of trading and market access technology for global multi-asset electronic trading. Our software enables clients to rapidly access global liquidity, markets, and data sources for superior execution. We help firms successfully differentiate and innovate in an ever-changing, increasingly-regulated and fiercely-competitive landscape, while also reducing total cost of ownership.
Vela’s ticker plant, execution gateways, trading platform, and risk and analytics software deliver a unique, ultra-low latency technology stack to simplify and streamline electronic trading. We leverage the latest innovations in technology to deliver cutting-edge performance, features and reliability. Our modular stack provides access to a comprehensive set of trading, data and risk APIs and can be delivered as-a-Service from multiple co-location data centers globally.
With access to more than 250 venues, Vela provides global coverage across all major asset classes. Clients are supported by an award-winning team of technical and business experts available 24x7 from our multiple offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. Vela’s clients include traders, market makers, brokers, banks, investment firms, exchanges, and other market participants
As a Software Engineer at Vela, you are part of the dedicated team developing industry-leading, innovative, high-performance and world-class products.
You will be part of a software development team that is responsible for the development of company flagship software products, including new product developments, feature enhancements, and maintenance updates as required.
You will work closely with senior and lead engineers, business analysts or experts to develop solutions, and with QA engineers to ensure the high standard of product quality our customers expect is maintained by the team.
You will have experience in the domain or have a strong willingness to learn about sophisticated trading systems products and the domain. For this role you need to be goal-oriented, detail-focused, thorough, work well within teams and take pride in your work.
· Execute the software engineering process, adhering to high standards of quality
· Follow direction of team lead and work collaboratively in your team
· Participation in and feedback on software project estimation and project planning
· Participate in code and design reviews, execute appropriate unit testing and error reporting
· Be an expert in the domain, and Vela’s products to which you are assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
· Experience in Java or C++ software development
· Passion for programming and software development
· Understanding of the principles of software engineering processes and techniques
· Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
· Proficiency with Linux command line environments
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Capital Markets and/or Financial Services experience (Trading, Market Data, protocols)
· Degree in Computer Science, Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of software development experience in a similar environment
· Experience with financial derivative modeling, pricing and risk management
· Practical knowledge and experience in Agile Development Processes
· Experience in the design/architecture of complex systems
· Experience with Swing/Java FX and front-end development
· Development experience in Linux/UNIX environment
· Expertise with Java concurrency models, low-level network programming, garbage collectors
· Expertise with performance tuning, high-throughput and low-latency software design, complex algorithms within complex Java systems
· Ability to quickly analyze, learn and work with new complex systems
For more details on our organization, please visit our website: TradeVela.com
Vela Trading Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application was submitted successfully.