Vela is a leading independent provider of trading and market access technology for global multi-asset electronic trading. Our software enables clients to rapidly access global liquidity, markets, and data sources for superior execution. We help firms successfully differentiate and innovate in an ever-changing, increasingly-regulated and fiercely-competitive landscape, while also reducing total cost of ownership.
Vela’s ticker plant, execution gateways, trading platform, and risk and analytics software deliver a unique, ultra-low latency technology stack to simplify and streamline electronic trading. We leverage the latest innovations in technology to deliver cutting-edge performance, features and reliability. Our modular stack provides access to a comprehensive set of trading, data and risk APIs and can be delivered as-a-Service from multiple co-location data centers globally.
With access to more than 250 venues, Vela provides global coverage across all major asset classes. Clients are supported by an award-winning team of technical and business experts available 24x7 from our multiple offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. Vela’s clients include traders, market makers, brokers, banks, investment firms, exchanges, and other market participants
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a software development team that is responsible for the development of company flagship software products; including new product developments, feature enhancements, and maintenance updates as required. You will be helping build and improve our software and our client’s user-experience.
You are already or will become a product and industry expert in key areas of the trading systems domain, and you will mentor other team members in the domain, products and software engineering processes.
You will work closely with business analysts or experts to development solutions, and with QA engineers to ensure the high standard of product quality our customers expect is maintained by the team.
You will have demonstrable experience in Agile Methodologies and be a proponent of techniques such as continuous integration and unit testing. You need to be goal-oriented, detailed, focused, thorough, and pragmatic. Communication is key in this role since you will work with both local and remote teams.
· Contributing to the full test lifecycle, including analysis & design, implementation, test execution and release processes;
· Management of tasks and projects to agreed deadlines;
· Risk management of projects, reliable project delivery;
· Maintain roadmaps for continual improvement;
· Work with cross-functional team members to advise and ensure appropriate QA occurs;
· Strong client focus, with an emphasis on quality and stability in line with service level agreements
· Mentor team members on QA processes, technology, and business domain.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
· At least 5 years’ experience in C++ software development;
· Capital-markets and/or Financial Services knowledge (Trading, Market Data, protocols)
· Cross-platform experience: (Linux and Microsoft Windows)
· Experience in multi-threaded, and message-based application development;
· Deep understanding of software engineering techniques and processes;
· Experience in the design/architecture of complex systems;
· Experience in performance optimization;
· Experience in development of message protocols FIX, FIXFAST, SBE or similar;
· Demonstrable interpersonal and organizational skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Degree in Computer Science, Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of software development experience in a similar environment.
· Practical knowledge and experience in Agile Development Processes;
· Working knowledge of modern C++ standards such as C++17/14/11;
· Programming experience in C, C#, Java and/or Python;
· Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery systems and processes;
· Ability to quickly analyze, learn and work with new complex systems
For more details on our organization, please visit our website: TradeVela.com
Vela Trading Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application was submitted successfully.